Home Video Gallery Contact Us Advertise Here
IslandStats.com RSS Feed
Other Sports

Other Sports Home
Current Scores
Historical Scores
Photo Gallery
Related Links
Contact Us
IslandStats.com RSS Feed


Other Sports
Saturday, November 19, 2016
Bermuda's English Footballers Update

Jonte Smith in Wet Action

Junior Hoilett scored his first goal for Cardiff as they defeated Nahki Wells and his promotion-chasing Huddersfield teammates 3-2 at home.

First-half strikes from Sean Morrison, Hoilett and Rickie Lambert ensured it was another away day for Huddersfield to forget.

Huddersfield were thumped at Fulham in their last away game before the international break and did not fare any better at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Tommy Smith pulled a goal back for Huddersfield at 2-0, while Phil Billing's wonder-strike made it a nervy ending for Cardiff.

But they held on, meaning Huddersfield have won just once in their last six games, slipping to fourth in the Championship.

Huddersfield's Wells had the first real chance of the game and should have done better when Kasey Palmer played him in on goal, but the striker's shot was too tame to trouble Cardiff goalkeeper Ben Amos.


Rai Simons was an unused substitute as Chesterfield scored a penalty and hit the woodwork twice in their attempts to get out of a two-goal hole, but lost 2-1 at Fleetwood Town as the losing run continued.

After Jay O'Shea had missed a wonderful opportunity the hosts were ahead when Amari'i Bell finished off a move from close range as the Cod Army went in ahead at the break.

Chesterfield were looking positive in their hunt for a leveler, but a Fleetwood break saw substitute Victor Nirennold slide a second home at the back post, before Jay O'Shea pulled one back from the penalty spot after Reece Mitchell was fouled.


Late goals by Shaun Miller and Charlie Wyke earned Reggie Lambe and his Carlisle United teammates a sensational 3-2 comeback win over Exeter.

Goals from Reuben Reid and Lee Holmes looked to have earned Sky Bet League Two strugglers Exeter the points after Wyke had equalised for Carlisle early on.

But it was substitute Miller who finally got the home side back on level terms again with his 89th-minute strike before Wyke won it deep into added time.

There was a dramatic start to the game as Reid gave Exeter the lead after just 40 seconds, holding off Shaun Brisley inside the area to squeeze the ball past goalkeeper Mark Gillespie.


First-half goals from Jamie Brotherton and Jonte Smith were not enough to help Lewes record their sixth consecutive league win, as an impressive comeback from Molesey after the break in terrible conditions saw them earn a share of the spoils at the Pan reports Tom Harper.

Darren Freeman made four changes to the side that had beaten Broadbridge Heath 1-0 four days previously, with Lloyd Cotton, Matthew George, Ronnie Conlon and Jonte Smith, making his first start since returning to the club on a permanent basis, replacing Arinse Uade, James Hammond, Gus Sow and Stephen Okoh in the starting line-up.

There were few chances for either side early on, but the Rooks were given an opportunity to take an early lead when Charlie Coppola was fouled by Nathan Gordon in the penalty area. Jamie Brotherton took the penalty, and sent Molesey goalkeeper Liam Allen the wrong way from the spot to give Lewes the lead after ten minutes.

The heavy rain was making it difficult for either side to play incisive passing football, and defences were on top for much of the half.

Lewes doubled their lead out of the blue after 38 minutes, as Smith picked the ball up 30 yards from goal and went on a run that saw him beat several Molesey defenders, before sending a low left-foot shot across Allen and into the bottom corner from a difficult angle.
Last 75 Headlines

IslandStats.com - Bermuda's Online Sports Source
© Copyright IslandStats.com