Home Video Gallery Contact Us Advertise Here
IslandStats.com RSS Feed
Youth Soccer

Youth Soccer Home
Current Scores
Historical Scores
Photo Gallery
Related Links
Contact Us
IslandStats.com RSS Feed


Youth Soccer
Wednesday, November 01, 2017
Crockwell Helps Port Vale Advance in FA Youth Cup

Dequan Crockwell and his 10-man Port Vale teammates fought back to win their FA Youth Cup match 3-2 against Stourbridge after Extra Time.

The first action of note was in the fourth minute when Harry Benns headed past the defender but then received a boot in the chest as he went to chase it goalwards, he went on to take the free-kick himself but failed to get enough bend to trouble the ‘keeper.

Port Vale went behind in the eighth minute as a ball over the top and down the left wing saw Tom Edmonds-Hill run through to slip the ball past Crockwell to put Stourbridge ahead.

Port Vale got themselves back on level terms minutes later as a crossfield ball found Jake Grimshaw on the right hand edge of the penalty area, his first time shot was parried by the ‘keeper but he was first to the loose ball, beating a defender and the ‘keeper, to blast home.

In the final few minutes of the half Ryan Campbell-Gordon got in a cross but it hit Johnson’s heel and flew away from goal and then Benns had a shot that was touched just the wrong side of the post for a corner. Cameron ended the half with a drive that Crockwell dealt with comfortably.

The home team were first out of the blocks in the second half with Welch crossing low and hard to the near post where Crockwell was again on hand. With four minutes of the second half gone, Stourbridge retook the lead as a cross by Hunter into the middle looked innocuous but Evans sneaked in front of a Vale defender to crash the ball home from close range.

Vale were soon pushing for the equalizer again as a Benns shot was half cleared and Ede’s effort hit a defender. Hill was then unlucky to be booked as he seemed to have played the ball away but the referee saw things differently in the 53rd minute. Just after the hour mark Taylor saw a yellow card for clattering Ede for the second time in 5 minutes.

A long range effort from Brigdale was collected above his head by Crockwell.

With nine minutes left Jackson also was shown a yellow card as he brought down Edmonds-Hill as he broke from his own half. Wakefield replaced Ede with seven minutes remaining and made an immediate impact as he crashed home a shot from 20-yards when there appeared little danger.

Vale were reduced to 10 men in the third minute of added time as Hill brought down Cameron who was in full flight and saw his second yellow and the subsequent red.

Crockwell saved well from the resulting free kick and then saved well from Cameron in the last action of normal time.

With 5 minutes of extra-time played Vale took the lead for the first time in the game as Campbell-Gordon’s long throw into the box landed at Chimenes' feet, he backed towards goal before spinning and shooting into the far corner of the net.

The second period of extra time saw Vale defending deeply. A dipping volley from Evans flew just past Vale’s goal as they continued to defend stoutly and keep the home efforts down to long range shots, which Crockwell was dealing with comfortably.
Last 75 Headlines

IslandStats.com - Bermuda's Online Sports Source
© Copyright IslandStats.com