A day after announcing that the Dressage Show scheduled for Saturday September 24th was cancelled, www.islandstats.com can confirm that the Harness Pony Racing Season Opener has suffered the same fate.
A statement from the Committee to it’s members reads, “Unfortunately the forecast for tomorrow has not improved and a Tropical Storm Warning is now in effect. Due to the severity of the anticipated weather we believe it is prudent to cancel tomorrow night's races at this time.
Our next race day is scheduled for Saturday October 1 with a post time of 7 pm. All entries for tomorrow night will be carried over to October 1st unless otherwise advised by the owner/driver.”